Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Garage Sale FIx-er-ups

Here are a couple of things we rescued from garage sale piles, both for Leah.

Nice church dress for $2 that was a bit low cut so I added a modesty panel.  Five minute project for a dress that I'm sure will get tons of wear between the two girls.


And then a skirt that was just too cute to leave behind, but was a bit big in the waist.  Thirty seconds to sew a seam to create a casing between the skirt and the lining.  Another thirty seconds to insert elastic to fit Leah's waist.  Fifty cents for the skirt, one minute of work, and we have a cute skirt for either church or school.  Again, I'm sure it will be worn lots by both girls.  


Three cheers for being thrifty...  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment