Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, August 5, 2013

Moms Swimdress for 2013

I get a new swimdress this year too.  I am very happy with how last year's suit has worked out.  Great coverage and decent fit.  This one is purely an excuse to mess around with pattern drafting and make myself something new.  I wanted to try the color-blocking (that's the pink line under the bust), wanted to try a different shaped neckline, and wanted to practice the double-needle topstitching around the neckline.  I've already worn it to the pool once and its great.  I'm not completely sold on the solid black material - maybe a small print would be better.  My inspiration came from some suits I pinned here.

I discovered its very difficult to get a decent picture of shiny black material.  These are the best I could do for now.  You'll have to excuse the wrinkly skirt - its been in a drawer for a while as I made it over a month ago and am just now getting around to taking photos of it.












No comments:

Post a Comment