Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Flannel Nightgowns - for girls and dolls

This is another Christmas present for the girls - snuggly flannel nightgowns.



I stumbled across a super soft flannel with clouds and moons that was perfect for nightgowns.  I used a vintage pattern I have in my drawers and added the ruffle at the bottom.  They are long (all the way to the floor!) to keep those little legs warm and the sleeves are nice and long too.  Hopefully they'll still fit next winter!

I added some stripes of bias tape in different colors onto the yokes so that I can tell them apart easily in the laundry without having to hold them up to see which is longer.  The backs have a simple placket and a snap.  




We also acquired two new dolls in the house this Christmas, so they got matching nightgowns as well, with stripes on their yokes to match the colors of their "mothers".  


I was running out of time so I just used a dress pattern I've used before for other dolls rather than searching out a true nightgown pattern which would probably have had sleeves. Oh well.   I was also running low on fabric so the doll nightgowns had to have the skirt portions cut with the clouds on the opposite grain (going up and down instead of sideways).  Because I'm picky I wish it wouldn't have worked out that way, but Leah and Grace don't seem to have noticed.  :)  

More doll clothes coming up soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment