Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas-y Table Runner

This was a fun little project for a family gift exchange.  I painted a ceramic serving plate at our local paint-your-own-pottery place and then made a table runner to match.  I was hoping the recipient would enjoy a little holiday cheer around her kitchen or dining room.

I forgot to take a picture before gifting it so she was nice enough to send me a photo after the fact.


Simple patchwork in true red and green, with a striped red and white binding.  It would have been fun to cut the binding on the bias and make it candy-cane looking but I didn't have enough of the striped fabric.  Next time, maybe.  The quilting is simple cross-hatching.   If I remember correctly the squares were cut at 3'' so they finish at 2.5''.  

This project reminded me how fun patchwork can be so I am looking forward to doing a few quilts in 2015.  We have two family weddings this year so I'll have at least two big quilts to make and this little runner was a good warm up after all the clothes and bags and other non-quilt things I've been making lately.  Wedding quilt number one here we come....

No comments:

Post a Comment