Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween 2015 - WyldStyle from the Lego Movie

Both my girls were Lego Friends for Halloween last year and Leah decided to stick with Legos and be WyldStyle from the Lego Movie.



The costume itself was super easy.  We bought black pants and a black zip up fleece and embellished them with fleece strips.  Leah designed the graffiti strips herself trying hard to make it exactly match the Lego minifigure.  There are a bunch on the front, a few on the back, then the sleeve, and the hood.






I hand stitched the strips on with matching thread and a big running stitch.  Some of the places (sleeve, etc) were too fiddly to try and fit under the machine and this way the strips will be easily removable later.   I won't lie - it took a good three or four hours to get them all stitched on.





The black sweatshirt we purchased didn't have a hood but Leah had previously crafted a black hood with a pink lining so we just popped that onto this sweatshirt.  





She made a cardboard 'relic detector' so she can pretend to the looking for the 'Piece of Resistance'.  :)



Overall a pretty simple costume and she loves it.  
But, come on, really - 
who wouldn't want to be a cool ninja Lego girl who saves the realm?!  



No comments:

Post a Comment