Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, November 2, 2015

Drawstring Backpack

This is another birthday gift for an elementary school age friend...








I've made many drawstring backpacks.  They are so easy and yet so useful.

Leah designed this one for a friend.  Actually, her design was a little different but had to be amended due to atrocious sparkle dot fabric that was a major pain in the behind to sew.  In the end, the 'disco ball look' turned out okay.

Just by random chance we had two birthday parties in two weeks with two projects that were more stressful than they needed to be.  The first was stressful because a certain child kept changing her mind on what the project should be.  This one was stressful because I had a cool design idea from Leah that I just couldn't make work without pulling my hair out and breaking a crazy number of sewing machine needles.  So, I'm done with kiddy birthday gifts for a while.   I declared this a No Sewing Week (to cleanse the palette, so to speak) and we'll start fresh on some different projects in a little while.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment