Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Linen Hand Embroidered Stockings

Here is a nice project that kept my hands busy in October and November.   Who am I kidding?!  My hands were busy with a 2-3 month old.  It would be more accurate to say it was a nice project that gave me a stitching fix and something to do besides nurse a baby and do laundry.   With a new member in the family I knew we'd need an additional stocking for the mantel when Christmas came around.  I took the opportunity to make us all new stockings as I wasn't really in love with the current set we were using.  By some miracle I was able to hand embroider and assemble five stockings before it was time for them to be hung... with a newborn in the house.  Don't ask me how... I already can't remember.  

I went for a classic look and chose natural linen, red floss, and simple stitches. 



Everybody got their own stitch pattern by their name and along the toe cap line.  













I can't choose a favorite stitch... I love them all!  

They are lined with a red and white floral and hung with twill tape and a red button.  


Merry Christmas... in late March.




Side note... we love Elfie and Elfina (left side of the mantel), though they've been demoted (or promoted, depending on whom you ask) from being Elf on the Shelf mischief makers to being just cute decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment