Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pillowcases

After a whirlwind of sewing in the middle of May, I took a little break and did some sewing room sorting and cleaning, along with paper and pencil designing of a quilt to make later.  Here is a little project for the girls I whipped up last week.

A while ago I saw in a quilt magazine that Moda was going to be making a line of fabric based on the Berenstain Bears series.  Thats a 'must have' in our house.  Both girls, but Grace in particular, are obsessed with Berenstain Bears this year.  We own probably 30 books so far and have read the entire collection of all three local libraries.  For a while Berenstain Bear books were the only ones Grace would look at and everything in her daily life could somehow be related to Mama, Papa, Brother, or Sister Bear.

I have poked fun at people in the past for making pillowcases out of $10/yard fabric and now I must eat my words.  But aren't they cute?   :)    I just love the coordinating polka dot prints - the blue is just like Mama Bear's dress.







I used french seams on all the seams so there will be no unraveling or edges to get frayed.  
Takes a bit longer, but I like the finished look.  


topstitched outside


neat and clean french seam inside




No comments:

Post a Comment