Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Brand New Fresh Quilt Project

I am celebrating the end of summer and start of fall with a brand new fresh quilt project.  Yeah!

Here's a sneak peak at the colors...



I had planned on piecing this quilt over the summer but it never quite happened.  It doesn't have to be finished until April so I still have lots of time.  As long as I start hand-quilting by January I should be fine as this one is not going to be huge (just couch snuggling size).

It will be a birthday present for a dear, dear, friend who will be celebrating a milestone birthday next year.  I've made her small things over the last few years but this upcoming birthday is the perfect excuse to make her a full-blown quilt.  She chose the colors/focus fabric and I am filling in the rest of the fabric and designing the quilt.  I absolutely love what I've got planned and can't wait to see it come together.  It'll have some nice personalized hand embroidery work (which I've been enjoying working on in the evenings) and some simple piecing.  I guess that's all I can say until it done!

Oh, and another good friend just bought her first house so I feel a housewarming gift coming on...  :)  Hope my friends keep having exciting events so I can keep making gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment