Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sewing Bag

Here is a quick little 'one day wonder' I whipped up last weekend.

A bag that is shaped like a cross between a cosmetic bag and a pencil case, I guess.  I needed something that I could carry a hand-stitching project in when I go places.  I keep my hand sewing projects in a nice wooden box at home, but the box is a bit clunky to take along places.  So, while trolling Etsy looking for ideas I came across a bunch of cute cosmetic bags.  I've made them many times before as gifts, it just never occurred to me that I could use one as a sewing kit.

Off to the sewing room I went and an hour or so later, wa-lah!





Nice zipper inserted with my favorite Terry Arkinson method.  Lightly quilted sides (probably could have done a little more there, but oh well), boxed bottom, and it fits my needle/scissors case just right with room for a quilt block or two.  Added some ribbon and beads to the zipper pull for fun.  Don't tell the girls I stole beads from 'their' stash.  :)

*****

My quilt project last blogged about is coming along nicely.  I think the hardest part may be keeping it a secret from the recipient if I get it done too far in advance of her birthday.  It'll probably take all my effort to not show her the finished top, but I'll try.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment