Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yeah for accuracy...

...drumroll please...

Presenting the most accurately pieced quilt block of my quilting adventures thus far:




See how the points of all those triangles are not haphazardly lopped off as usual?  :)

And the backside of the block, which I find fascinating for some reason:




The best part is... its not a one-hit-wonder.   I did it six times!




I can't say too much about the finished product because its destined to be a gift.  Just wanted to share the happy results that come from carefully pressing seams open.  I wished I'd have figured that out a long time ago because while its much slower than my previous method (ramming tricky intersections through under the needle, mashing it with a hot iron, and hoping for the best) its gives far superior results.

Around here I will soon be switching gears from some quilting projects to clothes making.  I have spent evenings lately pouring over books and blogs to learn about  drafting slopers.  I'll be attempting that process when making the girl's Christmas dresses.  With any luck we'll have nicely fitted bodices (maybe sleeves, maybe not, depends on how it goes) with full-circle or at least semi-circular skirts for maximum twirl factor.  If the experiment works I'll be thrilled and post about it.  If not, we'll be running to the local second hand store for fancy dresses on Dec 23rd!   :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment