Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Crocheted Baby Blanket - Pink

Hello there!

It has been busy busy busy in the sewing room and now that it is close to Christmas I can start sharing what I've been working on.  This one is technically a baby gift, not a Christmas gift, but since the time frames are identical in this particular case this project was part of the pre-Christmas craftiness.

I continue to enjoy crochet and decided to try a bigger project.  Thus far I've only done scarves, small bags, etc so this baby-sized blanket is big in comparison.



I am happy with the way it turned out.  I wasn't sold on the asymmetrical stripe at first but now that its done I think it works.  Could be a tad wider, maybe?  Looking at the picture above it looks a bit off-kilter but it blocked pretty straight and square when I finished it.  I suppose I'll have to be more careful when I take pictures of crocheted things.

The main portion of the blanket is all double-crochet stitches.



I googled how to make the flowers at the end and am pleased with them.  I made about five and picked which ones looked the best.



The edges are done in a scallop stitch pattern (from a library book).  The 'sides' are great, the 'ends' are a bit wavy.  I'll have to work on that part a bit more next time.



Overall, its a snuggly soft gift for a little girl about to enter the world.


Notes to self:  
-Used medium weight (4) yarn and gold hook (have to look up size later)
- Used 15 oz and 750 yards total
-Finished blanket was 30'' x 37''



No comments:

Post a Comment