Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Baby Boy Crochet Blanket

This is my latest crochet project.  





Quick post because there isn't much to say.  Its for a teacher friend who is having a baby boy soon.

 I thought I'd try a circular blanket just for something different.  I think it's alright - not fabulous, but alright.  I definitely got practice in doing regular increases (to make the circle shape) which was one of my reasons for trying a circle blanket in the first place.  I wasn't perfect and am a little disappointed in how the joining stitches turned out - either I didn't do them quite right or I should have worked in a spiral rather than separate rows because you (or, I, rather) can really tell where that crooked row of joining stitches lies.  However, I'm learning by trial and error - and I'm okay with that.  :)

I love the colors and the texture/softness - its very snuggly.   Hopefully it will get used and snuggled and drooled on and dragged around the house by an active little boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment