Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, July 18, 2014

Quick Knit Skirt

This skirt was a one-day whip-up.

Earlier this spring, I found a few knit skirts at GoodWill and I have been enjoying wearing them.   I had this rather strange waffle-like textured knit in my stash so I thought I'd try a comfy skirt.  If it worked, great.  If it didn't work, it wouldn't be a big loss because the fabric was a bit odd to begin with.

It is self drafted - those skills come in so handy now.  I made the skirt and then, after trying it on realized that one layer of the knit fabric was practically see-through so I went back and added a second layer to the skirt.  After reattaching the waistband it was much more appropriate, but still pretty lightweight and not too bulky.

I've worn it a bunch and it wears (and washes) well - a nice comfy, everyday running errands and playing with the kids kind of skirt.  I should make more.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment