Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Meet ''Elfina'' - Our Elf on the Shelf's Girlfriend

Last year I made our family an Elf on the Shelf.  His name is Elfie, he's super cute and I had lots of fun last year making him get into mischief for the girls to find in the morning all December long.  This year was a bit of a let down in that department - half the nights I forgot about poor Elfie and the girls weren't nearly as enamored as last year so it was a lot less fun overall.  (Granted they might have had more fun if I'd have come up with more creative stuff for him to do but it just wasn't working for me this year.)  So... I decided that maybe Elfie should just be a decoration next year.  Somewhere in the conversations about moving him from 'toy' to 'decoration' someone suggested that he needed a girlfriend to keep him company.  We joked around for a few days about a Girl Elfie and what an elf girlfriend would all entail and then I whipped one up over Christmas break.  

Introducing... Elfina.  



She's made from the same modified Tilda pattern as the original Beyer Elfie, though obviously I made her a dress to go over her pants.  



She was fast and fun to sew up over the course of a few days.  These dolls are partly sewn on the machine and partly by hand and only take a few hours total - perfect for a fun project when we were all hanging out and enjoying the holiday break.  





We think they make a pretty cute pair!  


For now they are hanging out on top of the mantle clock until the decorations come down.  They'll sleep in a box in the basement for 11 months and then we'll let them out again next December and see how they feel.  Maybe they'll be decorations - maybe they'll get into mischief - who knows?!  At least they'll be together...  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment