Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Summer Play Dresses and Tank Tops

I sewed a lot with knits this summer.  Nothing was overly planned out - I would just feel like whipping something up one day and would spend a few hours and get a new shirt or a nightgown or play dress for the kids.  I had all the fabric in my stash already so it felt like getting free clothes.  :)  It's not worth my time to write a detailed post about each shirt - they were all pretty simple and are worn as everyday clothes.  

In no particular order... 

Nightgown for 10 year old...







Play dress for ten year old...

The only difference between the 'nightgown' and the 'play dress' is that the dress is properly hemmed and has nicer straps.  The nightgown has some dodgy sewing along the straps that I'd rather not have seen outside the house.  :)  





I had really good luck with fold over elastic sewn on with a twin needle.  



My eight year old 'designed' this dress.  I wish I had kept the scrap of paper she used to draw out her plan - it was cute.  She requested pink, flutter sleeves, and a belt.  

(She was getting bored during the photo shoot so she got to use the skateboard as a prop.
Always the clown, that kid. )  I envision this one getting lots of wear once school starts.  










She got a tank top from the scraps of her sister's dress.  






And I got two sleeveless shirts.  My shirt drawer is in pretty sad shape these days so at least the fabric on these looks fresh and new.  







Nothing overly exciting to talk about, but good useful sewing that adds to our wardrobes.  






No comments:

Post a Comment