Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Crochet Purple Baby Blanket

I have a friend having a baby girl any day now and made her this baby blanket over the course of the late summer/early fall.






It was a pleasant crochet project to have sitting by the couch for TV time.  The pattern is simple - just rows of double crochet alternating with rows of single crochet, all the rows done through the front loop only.  I've used this stitch pattern before and its easy and gives the project cool texture.  I used an acrylic yarn from Hobby Lobby that I've used a few times before - I like the sheen it has and it makes the projects super snuggly.

At the end I embellished it with a few flowers.  I tried hearts first but they kept turning out lopsided so I switched to flowers.




Blessings on your Baby, Friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment