Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Denim Skirt... not quite right but still wearable

It is time to catch up on a bit of sewing project news.  I made this skirt at the end of summer and it has taken until now to get pictures of it...












I'd give this skirt a B-/C+.  Unfortunately I didn't draft it quite right and so I'm not in love with it.  Actually, it's drafted correctly, but the draft is not a good fit for this fabric.  The exact same draft in a soft flowy fabric would be perfect.  No so much with denim.  It's an easy mistake to make, but still a little frustrating.  Also, the buttons aren't quite evenly spaced. I don't know how that happened but it drives my perfectionist side crazy.

I do like the faux wrap part of the design with off center buttons, though.  That part was successful.  If I make another one I'll just draft it with back darts instead and not quite so much flare.  After looking at the pictures I think it actually looks better than it feels when I'm wearing it.


All in all, its still a wearable skirt and it goes with just about anything.  This year is supposed to be about sewing wardrobe staples for myself and this fits the requirements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment