Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Baby Bonnets and Bunny Loveys

I've done some small baby sewing here in the last few weeks as my due date gets closer.  I've found it more fun to 'nest' by sewing cute little things than by cooking and cleaning - big surprise there!  :)

First up is two bonnets from this free purlsoho pattern.  They were quick and easy and oh-so-tiny!  The pattern comes in many sizes so I made the 0-3 month size.  They pretty much fit 18'' dolls.   They sew up fast and I've seen so many adorable version online that I hope they fit well and are useful and I can just keep making up more and more as the baby's head grows to fit the proper seasons!  One pink and one blue since we don't know what this baby will be.











The second bit of baby sewing I've done is these lovey blankets.  They are everywhere on Pinterest... I didn't really follow a pattern I just made them up.  They're around 12'' square, so small enough to he a hand-held blanket/lovie, not a cover up and keep warm kind of blanket.  




The face is hand drawn and then hand embroidered.  One side is fleece and the other is cotton.  If I make more I'll pick some higher quality flannel or brushed cotton rather than fleece, but this is what I had on hand this time around when the mood struck to make them.  






I could see making many different animal shapes/faces so maybe they'll resurrect themselves again later on as useful baby loveys in our own house or as gifts for others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment