Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Table Runner and Placemats for Screen Porch

Here is a decidedly more 'quilty' project.  After all that sewing of clothes and swimsuits last month it was fun to work on this for a while.  I picked out a Jelly Roll from the quilt shop (I have always admired those, but never actually bought one before) and stitched these up.  Quick and easy piecing, a quick-turn finish with no binding, and simple stitch-in-the-ditch quilting.

I think they are pretty and will brighten up the porch all summer, but they aren't so fancy that I'll worry about ketchup or ice cream dribbles.  They can just go in the regular laundry weekly with all the cloth napkins.  (In the top photo, the runner has been washed but the placemats haven't.)





No comments:

Post a Comment