Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Teacher Gift

Here is a non-sewing craft, a gift for Leah's teacher.




I got the idea from Pinterest and I have to say I think I like the Pinterest ones better than mine.  It was supposed to be a really simple thing - put some scrapbook paper on a clipboard with ModPodge, add a few ribbons and stickers, and wha-lah!  In reality it was only so-so.  I've decided ModPodge is a bit of a strange beast.  It looks easy when other people do it but its just not my thing.  I had trouble with the paper bubbling up and also with getting the edges to look nice.  Maybe I'm just too picky (highly likely, I know).  The overall effect is cute but it was not as quick-and-easy as I had intended.

To look on the bright side, we now have some pretty snazzy clipboards to use around the house.  I guess trial and error isn't so bad.  I've noticed the little purple one has already mysteriously ended up in Leah's art bucket.  Here are the 'practice ones'.  



And now, back to sewing.  It is the week before Christmas you know...   :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment