Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Triplet Birthday Dresses

Leah got a new playdress for her birthday, and her dolls got dresses to match.






The dress was drafted from scratch and I'm mostly pleased with it.  The main part was simple to do and turned out great.  This was my first whack at sleeves from scratch and they are so-so.  To the general observer they are perfectly fine and you'd never notice the imperfections.  However, the more I read about drafting, the more I analyze clothes for their fit in key places.  I have a few things I'd like to tweak on the sleeve for the next dress but its not too bad for a first try.  

I am happy to report, however, that these three dresses officially finish off that giant piece of pink knit fabric.  I got it at a thrift store - it was a twin-sized duvet cover in its previous life and I've gotten at least four dresses and two skirts out of it, plus scarves, doll dresses, and who knows how many scraps the girls have used for random things.  It was dirt cheap and great for experimenting, but I can't say I'm sad to see the end of it.  Time to move on to a different color/pattern.  :)  

I think the last few posts catch the blog up on what I've been sewing lately.  I'm still plugging away at hand quilting the big quilt and also have another batch of costumes for the theatre department to work on in the next few weeks.  After that it will be back to more playdresses for the girls.  They've both grown so much in the last year that last year's dresses/skirts show a bit too much leg, if you know what I mean.   Hopefully I'll also get around to drafting a sloper for myself.  

Happy sewing.  Is spring here yet?  



No comments:

Post a Comment