Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Flowery Tote Bag

Why is it that we quilters always make cute bags for others (here, here, here, and here, for example) and then we ourselves use 15 year old totes from Fashion Bug to carry our own stuff around?  I don't know the answer to that, but I always find myself admiring other people's cute tote bags and thinking "I could totally make that!"... but I never get around to it.

This week I had a day to myself with the housework completed by 10am.  I declared it a Sewing Room Day and got down to work on this.  I started around 10am and was done by 2pm.  Its a super simple rectangle with boxed corners - nothing fancy, but very versatile.  The flowery fabric is a thrifted bedsheet, the green is a scrap from my quilting stash, and I used a layer of batting and a layer of sturdy canvas on the inside so its very hefty.  The lining is more thrifted sheet and a cotton 'facing' on the top.








Now have a cute bag to carry around... should have done it months/years ago. 


Goodbye Fashion Bag bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment