Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The 'Mom' Bag

I've been waiting to post this one since I finished it...which I can now do because its been given as a gift.

I made my good friend a drawstring backpack purse.  I have worked up this pattern on my own over the last year or so in a couple of different formats.  This format is the nicest - fully lined, made with nice quilting fabric, and nice fabric straps (vs string or clothesline).  I use my personal one all the time so I knew this friend would use it too as she bums around town with three kiddos.  Nice looking enough to take to church yet casual enough for days at the park.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  I love it so much I had a hard time giving it away - I wanted to give her mine and keep this one for myself!  Guess I'll just have to go get more of the cool dark grey and white fabric.





Then I used the scraps to make a little grab bag.  Just big enough for keys, phone, and wallet.  Great for both keeping those things together in the bottomless pit of other purses/diaper bags and for those rare times when we moms get to pop out on our own and don't have to bring all the kiddy supplies along.  Its based off a Terry Atkinson pattern that I've used alot.  I used Leah's rubber stamps to stamp her name on the bag.  Permanent ink, which I heat-set with a hot iron just in case.  That worked well, I thought, so I'll keep it in mind for personalizing other things in a way that is faster than embroidering.  Sorry for the iffy photos - our digital camera is on its last legs with a dying light sensor.  These pics are as good as it gets for now.






Overall, a super fun project for a super cool friend!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it, Anne! It's beautiful - thanks for sharing! Keep your fun ideas and great posts coming... eventually you'll post something easy enough for a novice like me to replicate, but I'll simply enjoy your good work in the meantime. :) Kirsten

    ReplyDelete