Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Comfort Dolls done

Here is my family of angels:   




Some cute buttons to attach the wings on the back!  

I've decided to send three to the people at the Comfort Doll Project, as they inspired the project.  Three I will keep for myself.  The big one (the girls call it the 'Mama Angel') will probably reside in the sewing room, keeping an eye on things.  :)  Two of the smaller ones I'll keep with the intention of giving them out to someone I know if/when they are in need of a little TLC.  Someone from church in the hospital or something like that.  I'll have two sewn up and ready to go - I can always make more if need be.  


I thought about decorating them more - some lace on the front, or buttons down the front of the dress.  Maybe on a later batch - right now my list of things to sew is pretty long and I have both a baby deadline creeping up on me and warm springy weather and Leah needs some leggings for under skirts at school.  Time to move on to the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment