Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Baby Boy Bibs

The rush of sewing for the end of the school year has passed I have enjoyed a little breather from sewing.  This summer will be filled with smaller, quicker projects - no big quilt plans and I'll putter on clothes as I feel like it with no real deadlines.   I have finished a crochet bag which I will have to take a picture of and post on here soon.  Today's post is something I whipped up this week.

Baby bibs are great fun to make.   I have a baby shower coming up at the end of summer and thought I could stay a bit ahead of the game and get these done now.  Its a pattern from a magazine I've used many times - I like the shape of the bibs and they sew up super fast and easy.

Its for a baby boy so I was able to work up a few ideas I've had floating around in my head and on pinterest for some time.  Its kind of a 'menswear for baby' theme and I am really happy with how they turned out.  So cute!

(Side note:  I've really got to get better at giving things a quick press before I take pictures.  Sorry about that.)

First up are a few mens shirt prints:



Then two grey cotton with hand-embroidered lines and an appliqued tie:  



My personal favorite is this one - a button placket: 
I reused the real placket from a mens shirt and then added extra buttons to get the scale right.
How cute will that be with little navy pants and a white shirt?!


And then the last one is a cute owl print.  It doesn't fit the menswear theme, but its cute nonetheless and I had just the right amount of fabric left to eek out a bib.  


They are all made from quilting cotton or mens shirts with a layer of batting or flannel in between for strength and better absorption of drool.  Velcro closures.  All machine washable, of course.  

Here's the collection (if you can call it that):  



My criteria for baby shower gifts (most gifts, in all honesty) are to be practical/useful, washable/easy care, handmade, and cute.  These fit the bill.  Happy baby boy!  

1 comment:

  1. These bibs are so cool! This is really perfect for a baby shower gift. The one with necktie design is really cute.

    ReplyDelete