Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

New Crochet Pencil Case

I have nothing too fancy to say about this pencil case.





The original one was used every week last year because I kept it in my bible study bag.  No more depending on my purse for pens (which can have anywhere from zero to ten pens on any given day).  One slight problem with the original case is that I used a pen to measure the length when I was making it and, sure enough, it was then about half an inch too short to hold a full sized pencil.  The sharp lead stuck through the crochet and either wrote on other things in the bag or poked things.

Needing something mindless to crochet the other night after finishing my shawl, I decided to make myself a longer pencil case.  As long as I was making a new one, I made it in the round (which I didn't know how to do when I made the old one) and made it to match my bible study bag.  I started after supper and finished before bedtime.  Crochet is pretty addicting and a great way to unwind and de-stress at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment