Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Apron and Kitchen Towel Set



How cute is this apron?  





I know, thats pretty vain since I obviously made it, but I still think its adorable.  It is a gift for my sister's wedding shower this weekend along with some embellished towels.  I was at Hobby Lobby and loved the graphic black and white print and then stumbled across some cool ruffled ribbon to use for the straps/ties.  With ruffly ribbon for ties, the bottom of my standard apron pattern was screaming for a matching ruffle and I couldn't resist adding a little bling in the form of three sparkly buttons on the bib portion.   I have made this apron pattern before (here and here for sure) and it is easy and comes together nicely.  Each time I seem to embellish it differently and each time I think its nice.   It is very easy to adjust the size or shape to suit your needs (I had to make this one a bit skinnier to fit my ruffle.)  

Here are some close up photos of... 

the bib portion:  



the ruffly ribbon ties: 



the ruffle on the bottom:  




The apron is lined on the back in black so, technically, its reversible to plain black.


Along with this apron will be these kitchen towels, purchased and embellished with grey and black/white fabric strips.  The strips are cotton and I pre-washed both the cotton fabric and the towels so everything is properly preshrunk. 



There were three plain flour sack towels with these embellished ones, so nine towels total.  






No comments:

Post a Comment