Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Art Bag Misfire

Hmmm.... this bag.  I had such big dreams for this bag and then time got short and I ended up whipping it up in one day with so-so results.   I've never been a procrastinator and creating under pressure never goes well for me.

My dream bag was a super organized art supply carrying case for my nine year old.  It would be a portfolio style bag with a 'flap' on the side that would open like a book to reveal cool storage.  I envisioned all these custom pockets for her favorite gel pens, good pencils/erasers, fancy markers, clear vinyl with zippers so you could see what was in each pocket, fun hardware to close the 'flap' against the pocket/portfolio part, etc etc etc.

In the end she got a box tote, no cool flap, a regular pocket on one side and a subdivided pocket on the other.  I even topped it off by mis-measuring so the proportions are a bit off, the straps are too far apart, and it barely holds the sketchbook I bought for inside it.  Oh well.  You can't win them all.  Thankfully, I hadn't told her anything and she doesn't know about the dream bag inside my head so she was happy as a clam to receive this bag on her birthday.  I even made it in garish purple and yellow with owls - her current favorite motif.




Maybe someday I'll make the real dream bag.  For now I'll enjoy the fact that she loves this one and I won't shed any tears when this one gets dragged around outside and gets all dirty.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment