Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Housewarming Doggy Embroidery

My middle sister bought her first house last month and I stitched this up for a housewarming present.  They have a dog and a cat and she runs her own dog obedience business so pets are a big part of their life and home.  I googled for cute phrases and picked this one.


It is stitched on a linen-like tan fabric with dark brown floss. 
I used outline stitch for the letters and backstitch for the paws.
Then I framed it in a dark brown frame (glass removed).


She told me its in her new kitchen/dining room!
Happy new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment