Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Blue and White Chevron Sundresses

This batch of dresses might be my favorite project of the summer.



I made five matching dresses (actually - from left to right above - a tank top and four dresses) for my girls and their cousins and second cousins to wear to a family reunion this past month.



I used a tried-and-true playdress pattern I drafted up a long time ago.  Its super easy to adjust to different kiddos measurements and is flexible enough to look good on everyone.  The tanktop was a hack of a camisole top pattern and a tank top I had in my drawer.  Thankfully everything fit all five girls beautifully (three were done long distance with measurements by e-mail).

After struggling to find a decent knit fabric locally (I have struggled with this before and I now give up entirely) I ordered some online.  I was more than a bit nervous to do that but it shipped quickly and was good quality.  I chose blue and white chevrons - somewhat patriotic for the reunion on the 4th of July but not so patriotic that it can't be worn elsewhere.  Its only been a week or two since the reunion and my girl's dresses are already solidly in the rotation of fun easy everyday summer clothes.



I bound the neckline and armholes in blue knit.  The bottom hem is a fold-over-and-zigzag.




I wish every sewing project was this easy to sew, easy to fit, and awesome to wear!  

Come to think of it, I should get around to making myself another knit dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment