Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Random Table Linens

This post is two non-related table linens I've whipped up lately.

First is 20 navy blue table runners for a family wedding this fall.  Super simple rectangles of good quality Kona cotton.  They finish at 15'' by 40'' and have a seam down the center of the underside.  The bride asked me to make them for table decor at the wedding reception, and afterwards to remake them into placemats and napkins for everyday use.  Smart bride, isn't she?  :)  I believe they'll be used with blue mason jars and white candles at the reception.






The other table linen items are napkins for everyday use at our house.  The current batch is so stained and nasty looking it was beyond time for a fresh batch.  They are made from a random large piece of quilting cotton from my stash.  I had enough for 22 ten inch napkins.  That is hopefully enough that there will be plenty at the table while some are in the wash, I mean, the ironing pile.  Not a very exciting project but useful nonetheless.  (Napkins have been on my list for months and months, always been put off for more exciting projects.)




I edged them in white bulky nylon thread on the serger.  It was an experiment so we'll see how they hold up...


As I said, not an overly exciting project. I am, however, enjoying a pretty relaxed summer sewing project wise, puttering around on small things and not sewing for any major deadlines.  I've got a few ideas cooking that I hope to get a start on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment