Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Crochet Baby Blanket - Dark Teal

I finished a crochet baby blanket this week.  



It doesn't have a home yet, or even an intended home.  I made it simply because I liked having a project in a basket waiting for me when I felt like crocheting  while my family watches the Lego Movie for the billionth time  a bit in the evenings.  I will probably donate it to our local pregnancy resource center - they give away a lot of blankets to new moms.

Its a rectangle 30'' by 36'' (sized by matching a flannel baby blanket we have around the house).  Large enough to cover a carseat, snuggle a baby or toddler up in, or drag around like a Linus blanket.  Not large enough to cover anyone over the age of five.




I've decided that I like simple, subtle stitch patterns best.  This one is two rows of treble stitch followed by two rows of single crochet, repeated over and over.


The edge is a few rows of single crochet - I went around a few times until I ran out of yarn.  




The yarn is acrylic from Hancock - I really need to start learning about better yarns but I haven't gotten around to it yet and this was meant to be a mindless easy project so I just grabbed some yarn that was on sale in a color I thought was pretty.  Its a dark teal with a bit of a heather-ing to it.  The first and last pictures are the best as far as showing its true color.

In the sewing department, I am working on sewing clothes for myself and its great fun.  I am on a mission to make some nicer shirts that I can wear to work.  Something fresher than the shirts I've been wearing since college 12-16 years ago.  I've got a few mock-ups in the works and hope to be able to finish the shirts and blog them before the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment