Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, August 14, 2015

(Another) Apron and Towel Set

My extended family is enjoying a season of plentiful weddings and babies.  There seems to be a shower every month or so for a bride-to-be or a mother-to-be.  Next up is a bridal shower for my future sister in law.  I went with my current favorite shower gift - a snazzy apron and embellished towels.







I picked out fun fabric in her wedding colors, made the apron, and when I was choosing buttons I thought to myself, "Huh - I think this one ended up looking a lot like Abbey's apron."  Yep.  Almost an exact duplicate.  Even the fabric motif is the same, just a slightly different scale.   It wasn't on purpose, but I love them both!  The first one was a hit at the first shower so hopefully this one will be liked as well.

One new thing about this apron is I now own a ruffler foot for my sewing machine.  So handy and fun to use!  I used it to make the ruffle on the bottom and the ruffled placket.






 I can't resist those jeweled buttons - I think they are such a fun touch.

The towels are nice quality ones purchased in white and I added the navy strip.  Very useful and a little bit personal.




Its been a year of aprons around here - this makes six so far in 2015 and I still have at least one more to go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment