Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Teacher Bag Number 2

Check out this previous post for Teacher Bag Number One if you missed it.

This bag is for Leah's first grade teacher (whose first name is Allie, and she goes by Mrs. Allie at school).   We have LOVED her and I am really happy with how her bag turned out.

I used the same 'sophisticated alphabet' and grey linen-like fabric as the last bag, just made a different style of bag.  Its a simple tote bag - two straps for handles, boxed bottom.

Here is the front.  



I fussy-cut the letters of her name from the panel fabric and am pleased with how it turned out.  




Here is the back.  Not too exciting I guess, but I love the grey linen fabric.  



I did some hand stitching with embroidery floss around the name and along the top for extra embellishment.  I love how it looks.  Anything looks better with hand stitching, really.  :)  





This bag has the alphabet print for the lining.  No pocket, mostly because I forgot about putting one in.


Here is the bag, worn by a five year old for size reference.  Its a pretty standard size tote bag for an adult.  



Hope she likes it!

Bag Number Three coming up next...
  


No comments:

Post a Comment