Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Teacher Bag Number Three, Kiddy Version

This one isn't a teacher bag, per se.  Its more of a bonus present that goes along with the last bag.  Leah's teacher has an eighteen month old little girl and we've gotten to know her a bit.  While I was thinking up teacher gifts I came across this pattern which I've been meaning to try out for a while.  Perfect excuse to give it a whirl.

It's this bag, pattern and such from this blog, which is all done by an incredible woman whom you really must check out.  She's the queen of super cool sewing and kids crafts - you've really got to see it to believe it.  I've drooled over many things she's made and love following her blog.  If you have a few hours to waste online, please consider wasting them on her blog.  You won't regret it.  :)

Anyhow, here is my version of the cutest bag ever.  

Front:

Embroidered name and hand stitching to match her mom's bag. 



Back: 

I love the polka dots with pink piping.  This was my first project using the piping foot on my serger and it worked great.  I made the piping on the serger, but then attached it using the zipper foot on my sewing machine because I could sew slower and more carefully that way.  Very happy with it overall.  


Two side views, to better see the adorable shape and piping:

Love that strap too... 



The lining is a cute apple and bird print:



Here is Grace holding it: 
See... its pint sized!  
Perfect for an 18 month old who wants a purse like Mommy's.



In case you couldn't tell, I am in love with this little bag.

Must make one (albeit larger) for myself.  
Leah and Grace are also begging for their own versions.  

Now, next up is sewing clothes for myself.  Finally. 




1 comment:

  1. Anne! Just popped in to see your bag. It turned out sooooooooooo nice! What a great choice of fabrics. And thank you for the kind words and shoutout!

    ReplyDelete