Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reusable snack bags - school donation

I whipped up these reusable snack bags in order to donate them to a school fundraiser.  The theme was supposed to be 'candy' but I thought I'd donate these instead of adding to the heap of sugar already in the raffle basket.





I made eight total, four for school and four for home to replace some decrepit ones we're using now.  The four for school got cute sayings stamped on them.  I rubber stamped the letters onto pre-made bias tape with permanent ink and then heat set it before stitching it onto the bag.






(Get it?  Owl fabric - whooooo's hungry?) 




They are 100% cotton, high quality quilt shop stuff.  I would have preferred to line them in oilcloth or something water resistant but I didn't have any and the date of the fundraiser was fast approaching.  I'll make another batch for home with oilcloth innards when I get around to it.  I have a previous batch we've been using for years - they really are quite handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment