Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ruffle Tunics/Dresses

These shirts/tunics/dresses for the girls are made from the leftover ruffle fabric from their Lego clothes.  



These are nothing fancy - just super simple tunic shapes reusing a pattern I have floating around from a previous year's dress bodice.  I lengthened the bodice shape to fit the scraps I had left over (without much flare because the ruffles).  They hit the girls somewhere between mid-thigh and above-the-knee.  Perfect for wearing to school with leggings.  They are lined with the same plain knit fabric as the Lego clothes.

I am happy to report that I am getting better at binding knits - these turned out pretty smooth.  I got a few wonky ruffles on the 'uphill' sewing side, but the binding itself is nice and soft and smooth.


The Sharpie 'x' is because Grace has serious trouble telling the front of her shirts from the back and I forgot to add a tag to this dress.  Many of her clothes have random Sharpie 'x's on their center backs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment