Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Teal Pretty Dresses for the Girls

The girls got new dresses for the wedding. 



Aren't they cute little blockheads?  (Sorry - couldn't resist!)  

These dresses were both fun and fast to make - the best kind.
The fabric is a teal and glittery damask-looking cotton from Hobby Lobby. 

Slightly sweetheart neckline: 



Large sparkly teal buttons up the back:



A shiny teal sash with 'diamond bling' that (in everyone's opinion) is the best part of the dress: 



They were super easy to draft and sew.  I drafted the bodice by tweaking their Christmas dress bodices.  I added a little more ease (so they'll fit for more than a blinking month), removed the darts so they are a bit less fitted, changed the neckline, and made them sleeveless so that we could do short sleeves, long sleeves, or no sleeves depending on the weather.   We ended up doing short sleeves for church and no sleeves once they hit the dance floor.  The skirt is a gathered rectangle.   They are both roughly the same size, one is just taller than the other.  


The girls love them, they had fun being twins, and here's hoping they get worn a lot!  



1 comment:

  1. The girls look great in the dresses! Beautiful job...love the neckline!

    ReplyDelete