Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And the first project to be 'blogged'...  :)


I made three sets of beanbags at the very end of 2011.  Two sets were given as gifts to toddler nieces and nephews.  One set is for us here at home.  Think snowball fight but with beanbags.  :)


4 inch squares serged on three sides.  Fill with beans or rice (I preferred the dried beans for both their ease of handling - the rice grains tend to float around and get under the presser foot - and the satisfying sound the beanbags make).  Serge the fourth side closed to keep the beans in.  This is the inner bag.  Then I used a five inch square of pretty fabric for the outer bag.  Sew/serge on three and a half sides, squeeze the inner bag into the outer bag, and then topstitch around the whole thing.  I topstitched twice on the 'open side'.  Kind of paranoid about beans escaping since I was giving them to toddlers as gifts.


Then I made a cute bag to hold them.  Two bags were drawstring, the pictured one has a zipper.


1 comment: