Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So, here is where all the magic happens...my newly redesigned sewing room.


I basically kicked the guest bed/dresser set out of the room and took over the whole space for sewing/crafting.  I have an 8-foot countertop exclusively for the sewing machine and serger, which leaves room for working on both sides of both machines.  Its great!  That meant my previous machine/cutting table could be used exclusively for cutting and laying out.  A spot between the cutting table and the machines for the ironing station, a long low dresser for storage of notions, and another table (garage sale find!) for the girls crafting area.  And - bonus - because the room is long there was room along one long wall for my 100'' hand quilting frame.  Talk about efficient use of space!  :)  The closet stores all the fabric behind bi-fold doors.  Someday maybe I'll change those out for fabric curtains - we'll see.  I have a few things to hang on the walls yet and could use a different way to store books and patterns, but other than that its an amazing space to work and play!


I've been using it for a few months now and am amazed at how fun it is.  The girls roam in and out all the time, leaving their projects in disarray.  But its disarray on their table - not mine!  :)  The best part is definitely the countertop for the machines and thereby having a whole table to layout.  Makes things so convenient!  So...thats the sewing room.




Here is the (currently empty) hand quilting frame. 
Above it, Hobby Lobby letters painted a mauve/pink and white. 


Cutting/Layout table, ironing area, tool pegboard.  
Made fresh white table skirt and curtains with pink trim for the freshly painted room (a very light green).
 Framed 8 X 10's of the girls over the worktable.


The 'Menards special' 8-foot countertop.  Keith made the base/legs.  So much room!
Two big windows - great for natural light, not so great for drafty winter winds.


Dresser for storage, girls craft table, and the old Singer for decoration.  
A 1940s Singer that was Keith's grandmother's uncles.  That is what I sewed with for a couple years before getting my Viking.  I then discovered how great it was when a machine sews a straight seam!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment