Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Folding Coin Purses

Well, hello there.  It's been a while.  My last post was from late October of last year - the Halloween costumes.  Life has interfered in between:

November - sewing mostly Christmas presents that can't be blogged until they're gifted
December - more of the same, plus holiday hoopla
late December - What?!  I'm pregnant again?!
January - large shows at the costume shop and morning sickness... 'nuff said
February - more of the same... yuck
March - light at the end of the first trimester tunnel, finishing up at work, and catching up at home
April - Here we are!  Feeling much better and actually have time for peripherals like blogging.

I will do a catch up post soon on Christmas presents and subsequent sewing projects, more for my own record keeping than anything else.

Today, though, I'll share this quick whip up project because I think they're just adorable.








I came across this tutorial in my morning-sickness-Pinterest-trolling time and thought it looked cute and simple.  Last week I needed a little something to go in a gift and these totally fit the bill!  They sew up super fast and are pretty handy.  I needed these in a short time frame so I didn't piece the fronts and I used sew-in snaps I had on hand rather than the ones you need a press for.  Maybe next time.   I think I'll make a bunch more - I could use a new card holder in my purse and they'll be handy to have around.  The cutting and machine sewing part takes only a few minutes and then the hand sewing is a good TV or summer porch project.

Here's to more sewing (and time to blog about it) before the new baby arrives at the end of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment