Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Kid's Christmas Bathrobe (Catching Up Post #3)

Catching Up Post #3

Handmade Christmas
New bathrobe for Grace



This poor kid was wearing a bathrobe whose sleeves reached just past her elbows and that barely covered her thighs.  A pretty sad sight.  All the more so because she is my hot blooded kid and wears what I would consider summer jammies all year long.  Those winter mornings in flimsy princess nightgowns are mighty chilly!  Her handmade Christmas gift, then, was a new larger and softer bathrobe.

Its made of fleece.  Not my favorite substrate in the world but for a kid's bathrobe thats going to get breakfast crumbs spilled on it every day I think its an okay choice.  I used this pattern and lengthened it a bit so it'll cover her legs better.  I also made a huge sleeve cuff so there is the possibility of lengthening the sleeves later.



The robe seemed a little blah (and was a super fast sew/serge) so I embellished it a little by adding a pocket for her favorite snuggle.  Who wouldn't want their snuggle right up close on their chest?!



Its now April and the robe has gotten lots of use and has washed well so I'm happy to have made a useful and practical gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment