Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Lilac Vest from B4681 (Catching Up #4)

Catching Up Post #4

Handmade Christmas
Vest for Leah

Leah's handmade gift was a vest.  She had a white puffer vest that was getting lots of wear in fall and had to be pried out of her little fingers for laundering so I figured a second vest in her favorite color would be a good gift.

Three months later, I was absolutely spot on.  This purple vest is probably worn more than the original store-bought white one, gets washed all the time, and is often worn over clothes during the day AND over pajamas overnight.  (This kid is all about comfort over style and gets fiercely attached to certain items of clothing.)  It's worn to school at least a few times a week and I'm not sure what she'll do when the weather stays warm and its too hot for a flannel/furry vest!  I love it when that happens - sometimes homemade makes end up being duds in the bottom of drawers so I love it when they're worn to death.



For the amount this vest is worn, you'd think I'd have a zillion pictures but this is the best one I can find. 

The outer fabric is a medium pile purple fur with a bit of a rosette texture to it.  She loves anything and everything purple and it was super soft so I knew she'd like the fabric.  The lining is dark purple flannel.  I used this pattern - B6081 View A.  


Its an adult pattern but I only changed the length (shortening it a little).  Otherwise the size small worked well.  It was a good pattern with detailed enough instructions for the pockets and zipper and armhole facings and such.  Judging by the amount this vest is worn I'm sure I'll use the pattern again!  





No comments:

Post a Comment