Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Sewaholic Renfrew in Mint Green (Catching Up #5)

Catching Up Post #5

Sewaholic Renfrew Shirt

I'm a little sad about this shirt.  The Renfrew shirt from Sewaholic is one of my go-to shirt patterns.  I've made three or four (these plus at least one more unblogged) and have tweaked the fit so its just right for me.  I bought this mint knit because it was a higher quality than I can usually find locally and loved the color and design and was looking forward to making myself a shirt I knew I'd wear over and over again.

I like thicker knits so I decided to line the shirt.  Not so much 'line', but use two layers of fabric so that the shirt would be nice and thick and sturdy and I could wear it without layering.  That is where the trouble arose - I forgot to take into account the stretch/recovery of the inner lining layer which happened to the less than the mint arrow fabric.  :(  It worked out okay for most of the shirt but the shoulder/armhole area ended up just too tight and restrictive.  I tried to wear it and love it...  but it drove me crazy.

The only saving grace is that Leah likes the shirt.  Its a bit big/long for her since it was made for me, but she particularly loves the thickness and softness of the fabric - the same reasons I made it for myself!  I suppose I should be glad that at least someone gets to wear it, the good fabric isn't wasted, and its big/long so she can wear it to school again next year.

This is the shirt on Leah, photo taken this morning.  I didn't take any pictures of it on me when I first made it and as the shirt was a bit tight in places to begin with it and I'm currently five months pregnant it would be so comical now that I can't bring myself to even try it on! 




I think I'm almost caught up on blogging the last five months of sewing projects... 

No comments:

Post a Comment