Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Geranium Dresses - Batch of Three




Hannah got new dresses for Christmas. 

She only wears dresses to church on Sunday mornings and had been wearing the same three dresses all spring and summer and fall.  In spring they were rather big on her and by fall I could hardly squeeze her into them.  (I got all three of those dresses FREE from Kohls but thats beside the point. ) She really needed some new pretty clothes for Sunday mornings! 

The Geranium Dress from Made By Rae is the best ever.  Buy it and you'll never need another girls dress pattern, period.  Had I known about it when Leah and Grace were little things would have been much much simpler.  I've made Hannah one already (Easter dress) so it was an easy choice to batch-sew three more. 

One in a pretty cotton floral with faux cap sleeves and pearl snaps up the back.  








One in a blue cotton print, sleeveless, and wooden buttons.  






And my favorite, black and white gingham with self drafted flutter sleeves.  The red bow and buttons are so awesome on the gingham and this one became her 'Christmas dress'. 






She rotates between all three and when she outgrows them she's got a little girl cousin seven months behind her that can give them even more love!  I made these in November or December and its now March - this kiddo grows so fast its almost time for a new batch.  


No comments:

Post a Comment