Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Friday, July 13, 2018

Covered Notebooks... from Orange Bettie tutorial

Need a quick and useful gift?  
I've now made a couple of these covered notebooks using this tutorial from Orange Bettie.  I made one for a teacher gift back in May and now have made another one for a gift for a friend.  

The tutorial is well done.  It doesn't take long to cut out the pieces and the construction is logical and quick.  The pockets are useful and the snaps add a nice touch - it feels more polished than a velcro closure.     

The blue one was the teacher gift... 








and this linen and floral was the friend gift.  







I feel like the attached elastic bookmark and the back pocket for paper and a pen make this cover very nice and functional - more than just a fabric wrap.  The ability to refill it with standard sized composition notebooks (less than a buck at Walmart) make it a long lasting gift.  


I also love personalizing gifts with a bit of embroidery.  
This particular friend is a devout Bible reader so I'm thinking she'll use it for notes or a prayer journal.  Enjoy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment