Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Operation Kids Clothes Craziness - Part 3

And, last but not least, since I had done all this sewing of clothing and had my machines all set up for sewing stretchy things I took them to our local quilt shops Open Sew Night on Friday and whipped out four skirts!  

You'll recognize the pink and teal knit.  That pattern is from the book One Yard Wonders.  Pretty easy - just a gathered skirt attached to a yoke with an elastic casing at the top.  I've made others from this pattern before.




The denim ones I made from the bottom of my newly customized swimsuit pattern.  Didn't get the waistband part quite right but since its a bit gathered you can't tell.  :)  The fabric on those is a really light denim, no stretch.  For the trim I cut 1'' strips of knit on the stretchy (crosswise?) grain.  Then pull them so that the knit curls back on itself.  Then stitch it to the skirt.  I think it jazzes them up a little bit.  Since they are supposed to be curly it doesn't matter if they get rumply or even a little frayed in the wash.  Then I couldn't help but put the cute bow on the front to match.




In case you're wondering, Grace is pink and Leah is teal so we can keep them straight in the wash.  They are getting to the point where they are almost the same size - Grace is a few inches shorter and her waist is one inch smaller.  So they may get mixed up eventually but we'll start with this.

So... in one week we have three playdresses, four skirts, and two swimsuits!  Pretty incredible.  Many thanks to Gracie for playing so nicely so Mommy could sew and for the quilt shop's open sew night.

Time to take a break and detox from sewing clothes.  :)  I'll clean out the machines, clean up the sewing room chaos, and take a breather before starting something decidedly more quilty.  I have done so many clothes, baby toys, and other little things this winter/spring that it feels like forever since I've worked on an actual quilt!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment