Welcome to Anne's sewing blog!

I started this blog in 2012 in an attempt to keep better track of all the little things I make. I have found it fun to 'catalog' what I make so I'll continue to post my finished projects as they appear.

Its mostly for my personal use, but also gives me a way to share cute stuff with my craft-oriented friends and family. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Plaque for Grandma

This is a quick plaque I stitched up for my grandma.  She just moved to a senior living type place and there is a 8'' by 6'' shadowbox outside each door.

I used wool scraps and handstitched it.  If I make another one (for a different season, perhaps?) I won't use wool for the background - the stitches kind of sink into the thick wool and make them harder to see.  I'll do a cotton background next time with wool accents.  I stitched it to a rectangle of plastic canvas to keep it stiff enough to slide into the shadowbox.  After the bottom picture, I covered the back with purple fabric to make it look nice and neat.

Hope she likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment